This week the grade 7’s are completing their bisectors work with asssignment 8.4 while the grade 8’s are completing their unit on measurement of prisms.
Note: The grade 8’s are having a unit final quiz this Friday covering surface area and volume of rectangular, triangular and cylindrical prisms.
Gr. 7 Assignment: Grade 7’s are to complete assignment 8.4 (all questions). Be sure to watch the video below closely to learn how to do all the examples from this assignment.
Gr. 8 Assignment: Grade 8 students have a cumulative unit quiz on surface area and volume of prisms this Friday. To prepare Gr. 8’s are to review all measurement of prisms lessons and to complete the unit review and the practice test to prepare. The specific assignment is…
-unit review: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15
-unit practice test: suggested to complete this but it is optional
Note: for more instruction on these concepts see the videos in the past lessons on measurement of solids.
- What is the important lesson to learn from the railway switchman? He says, “They are asleep in there…Only the children are flattening their noses against the windowpanes.”
- When the merchant tells the Little Prince of all the time he would save he says he would walk leisurely to a spring of water. Is this what adults would answer.
- Explain the phrase, “What is most important is invisible.”
Complete these responses and hand in your duotang open to the most recent response (ch. 21).
- How did the fox help the Little Prince?
- Explain the matter of consequence that the Little Prince was almost caught in.
- What does the fox mean when he says “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly: what is essential is invisible to the eye.”?
The Grade 7 Assignment: Grade 7’s will complete all questions in assignment 8.3 on constructing perpendicular bisectors.
The Grade 8 Assignment: Grade 8’s will complete questions 4 – 15 of assignment 4.8 “Volume of a Right Cylinder”
There is a new Star Wars movie that is coming out and the movie is the last one in the Star Wars Trilogy and the Star Wars movie is coming out in December 2019 It is going to be awesome hopefully it is not going to be like the force awakens and last Jedi hopefully it will be good ans then I will be so happy Disney actually used there Brain. So you are probably wondering why i am talking so strange well i am mad at Disney that they ruined Star Wars they shall suffer for this outrage.
So the characters are going to be Rey, Kylo Ren, Lando Calrissian, Finn, Leia, Poe and a bunch others in the trailer there is a laugh that you may know if you watch all the trilogy that you may know it is a sith lords. so the cool, thing is that they found the remains of the death star which people do not know which one.
here is the trailer link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs
- What do you think is important about what the flower says regarding roots and humans?
- When the Prince stands on the mountain and looks around he thinks the whole world is dry and without people? Is he right? What does this represent in real people?
- Why does the Little Prince become so sad when he finds all the roses?
The Grade 7 Assignment: Grade 7’s are working on assignment 8.1 and 8.2. On 8.1 they are to complete #’s
The Grade 8 Assignment: Grade 8’s are working on 3d geometry. They will be completing #’s 4-15 in assignment 4.7.
The Little Prince – Chapter 16-17 responses.
- Why would adults not believe you if you told them that all the world’s people could fit in a 20×20 mile field? What would make them believe you? What does that tell you about adults?
- The Little Prince is an allegory which means that everything in the story is symbolic of something in the world. What do you think the snake represents? (be sure to back that up with evidence from the story)
Today we watched Bill Nye and followed along with the assigned material below. Students will want to keep this for study in preparation for their fluids test at the end of the unit.