Today we studied a classic short story by Ray Bradbury called “The Veldt” which begs to question the impact of technology on people’s lives, and more importantly, where does imagination end and reality begin? Click the links below to read the original published story, get the assignment, and watch the television presentation of “The Veldt”
click the link below to get a copy of the story
click the link below
This week the Grade 7’s are working on outliers of data and how they effect averages whilst the grade 8’s are looking at probability of independent events.
You are completing assignment 7.3 – all questions
You are completing assignment 7.4 – 4 – 14
Note: Grade 8’s may find it helpful to review the previous lessons on probability.
Today we talked about how looks are not as important as some may think. We discussed using the questions in the prezi below. Students are asked to used these questions to create a personal reflection on the Ted Talk above. Written reflections are to be handed in to Mr. Ewert upon completion.
Here are links to all your online content that you are to ensure is kept up-to-date. These links are also available in the Language Arts section of your edsby page.
Online Reading Logs
Online Writer’s Workshop
This week we are looking at graphing data and analyzing it using mode, mean, median, and range. Click the links below for the assignments.
Grade 7 are doing assignment 7.1 and 7.2. For 7.1 they are to do #’s 2-7 and for 7.2 #’s 1-3 and 5-7.
Grade 8 are doing assignment 7.1 and are to do #’s 3-12.
Check out the videos below to help you with this concept.
Grade 7 Lesson (A+)
Today we are learning how to make 3d perspective illusions. We are watching an explanation on Ted Talk and then choosing an example to try for ourselves.
Ted Talk Explanation
Check out these really cool examples
Now check out these examples to try for your self.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnZQYXPJnXU (steps into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWLe_f-wQk (more steps into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-zAzxfTVU (floating 3d ”A” letter)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFK7Bt7kfSY (floating 3d “F” letter)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31uUVN8eqg (floating Minecraft creeper head)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3v5zq-VdBU (letter sinking into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDByptKMff0 (3d net cube with shadow)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nybcYko0s (3d ladder)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVv3hO8vE4 (hole in lined paper)