Today we are going to have an simultaneous online conversation while we are working on our Science notes. This will help us to share our information with each other in real time. To do this click on this link to watch the video about how to join our online conversation. Once you have watched it you will you this link to join us online. Then you can share. Try a few practice messages.
- All messages must be posted using the users real name
- All messages must be positive (any negative messages will be dealt with seriously)
- All messages must be on topic
- All students must share at least once
Click this link to watch the video. It will tell you how to start your assignment.
Today your assignment is to create a critique of the play “Jabber”. To do this you need to get a copy of the assignment from Mr. E. Or you can download a copy by clicking the link below.
14.10.28 Play Critique Assignment
Things to Remember:
- This is a writing assignment. This means that your assessment is based on your writing including your choice of words, your amount of detail, writing mechanics, and more.
- Read through the rubric on the back of the assignment. You need to fill in the rubric when you hand it in. This time you must also write in the rubric boxes telling Mr. E why you think you deserve that grade. Any assignments that are incomplete or do not have a rubric properly filled out will not be accepted.
Halloween is around the corner: time for constumes, trick-or-treating and WE SCARE HUNGER! Help feed our community by donating too the local food bank.
This Halloween students will be coming around asking for canned food donations to donate to our local food-bank. Hunger is scary so let’s fight back!
The students of 6-7 E and 6-7 G are going to the Manitoba Theatre for Young People (MTYP) to see
the play “Jabber” on Thurs. Nov. 23rd. Check out an interesting article about the play that appeared in the Free Press on Oct. 9.
Click this link to view the article
In Canada it’s tough times North America comes together. Watch this video and see how the Pittsburgh Penguins honored Canada by singing oh Canada.
Pittsburgh Penguins sing “O Canada’ against Phila…: http://youtu.be/1K1NUYehzt8
Mr. Ewert has created a “how to – blogging”
videos page to help you learn all the skills you need to know for doing assignments on your blog. Find the link in the menu across the top of this webpage (just under the webpage banner).
Sometimes you just have to decide what kind of day it’s going to be. Looking at a beautiful sunrise always helps the day start on the right foot
Today we discussed how stereotypes and preconceived notions can be harmful. Your assignment is to share detailed personal reflection by answering at least 2 questions from section 1 and at least 1 question from section 2. An excellent reflection will include great detail sharing personal thinking and will also answer more than the minimum number of questions.
Respond to at least 2 of the questions listed below
Respond to at least 1 of the questions listed below