Today we are learning how to make 3d perspective illusions. We are watching an explanation on Ted Talk and then choosing an example to try for ourselves.
Ted Talk Explanation
Check out these really cool examples
Now check out these examples to try for your self.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnZQYXPJnXU (steps into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWLe_f-wQk (more steps into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-zAzxfTVU (floating 3d ”A” letter)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFK7Bt7kfSY (floating 3d “F” letter)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31uUVN8eqg (floating Minecraft creeper head)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3v5zq-VdBU (letter sinking into paper)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDByptKMff0 (3d net cube with shadow)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nybcYko0s (3d ladder)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVv3hO8vE4 (hole in lined paper)
This week we are revisiting fractions with the grade 7’s working on adding and subtracting fractions and the grade 8’s working on multiplying fractions (even with mixed numbers).
The Grade 7’s are working on assignment 5.6 and will complete #’s 1 – 13in assignment 5.6. click on the link for a copy of the pages of the text below.
The Grade 8’s are working on assignments 3.3 and 3.4 and will complete #’s 6, 9, 11, 18, and 20 in assignment 3.3 and #’s 4-11, 13-14, and 16 in assignment 3.4. click on the link for a copy of the pages of the text below.
Here are some helpful videos from Math Antics to help you.
Today we watched this documentary. Click the link below for the materials associated with this film.
Today we watched some videos on the Earth’s crust that explain how convection moves the tectonic plates in Tectonic Theory. Check out the links below. Then go to the Quizlet link to study the vocabulary related to the lesson. Also, there is a link to the handouts from class.
Handouts from class:
Videos we took notes on in class.
This week the Grade 7’s are studying how to find the area of parallelograms and triangles. The Grade 8’s will be studying the volume of rectangular and triangular prisms.
Grade 7: Assignments 4.3 and 4.4 do all #’s
Grade 8: Assignments 4.5 and 4.6. For 4.5 do #’s 4-13 and for 4.6 do #’s 3-13