February 21

Camp Scary

Camp Scary

By: Horatio

As John was cleaning his room, the doorbell went off. “John, could you get that for me? I am doing dishes.”

His mom yelled.

“Seriously?” he grumbled under his breath. John tumbled down the stairs to the front door and opened it. “Kevin my man,” John says. “Dude, mind if I come in?” Kevin steps in and wipes his shoes. “Hello Kevin,” says John’s mom as she walks to the door.

“Hello Ms. Baum,” Kevin replies. “Well, you ready for the camping trip?” “Yeah, stoked,” John replies, though feeling a sinking dread, he kept up his spirits. “K then, let’s go!” John grabs his bag and exits out the door. John walks to the van they would be taking to the camp. “this’ll be a fun trip,” thought John as they took off.

Three hours later, they arrived at the camp. People started walking off the bus. John walked off with jelly legs and a full bladder.

John sprinted to the woods to do his business. He then ran to catch up to Kevin. Kevin looked at him, startled. “Dude, your stomach is going to blow up or something.” John listened to his stomach before hearing it growl. Kevin tapped him on the shoulder. “What is it?” Kevin swung him around. “Oh my….” John could not finish his sentence.

He saw the most beautiful girl. Her hair was, from what he could tell, cherry blonde, her eyes, from what he could see, blue green. The boys could not speak. They were stunned. “I, she’s so beautiful.” Kevin’s jaw was on the ground. “Dude, stop staring, it is weird. Let us go grab a pizza. I need a lot of cheese on it, and possibly jalapenos. Let’s go.”

After wandering around the camp and learning where everything was, they headed to their cabins. John found that the girl they saw earlier was in his cabin, as well as a couple of other boys. As John was setting up his bed, or bunk, some of the boys were getting rowdy. “Quiet down in there!” the counselor yelled. The boys calmed down. The lights turned off. Quietly, a boy started telling a story. It was scary. A creature of massive size, (and I cannot explain the rest, its R rated). John shuddered, then turned.

He saw the girl, the one from before. Now he goty closer, and she could not see him, because the moonlight was in her face. Her skin looked milky because of it. Her eyes were closed, but she looked peaceful, and calm. The blanket was pulled up to her neck. John started falling asleep, with thoughts of her. He decided to try to talk to her tomorrow. He saw her name in the corner of his eye on her backpack. ‘Mya.’

He woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed. Then he noticed everyone was missing. He looked at the time. “Aw shoot.” John hissed and grabbed his pants. It was 9:13. They were supposed to be at the mess hall at 9:00. John ran out the door as fast as he could. He got to the mess hall. Everybody was lining up to do their dishes. John walked up to the counselor. “Is it too late to have breakfast?” “Well, this is the first time, so I will let slide. Got that?” john took his bowl of food and sat down. All the sudden, a scream was heard. A boy said, “That sounds like its coming from the other side of camp!”

Everyone rushed outside to the other side of camp. A boy was crying. They heard him talking as the counselor gets there. “Tamarra, she is, she is gone. Something took her! Please, help, please. “The boy shudders, as does everyone else. “Nothing to see here people, nothing to see. Let us go.” John and Kevin started walking away. “Man, that guy is insincere, just took him to the medical room.” “I know,” replied John.

Just then, John saw the girl, Mya, walking to the forest. “I know what her name is,” said John. “Really?” Said Kevin, ecstatic. “Yeah, its Mya,” replied John. Without another word, John jogged after her.

“Hey,” said John. “Oh, hi,” replied Mya. “Well, if you are going to join me, I am going to the forest. I did not exactly ask, but if want to, go ahead.” She started heading towards the forest. She started towards the forest.

They had been walking for what felt like hours. John checked his watch. It was only 10:24. They only had been walking for 13 minutes. Then they heard a scream. “It’s coming from the camp!” yelled John.

They started sprinting back towards camp. When they arrived, all they could hear were screams.

When they got there, there were campers huddled around. John could smell the throw-up around them. When they turned the corner by a cabin, they saw a horrifying sight. The counselor, the mean one that bossed them around, was dead. It looked like he had been tortured. He was mangled up, torn apart.

Then John saw Kevin. His best friend since second grade, the one who tricked him to eat a Twinkie off the floor on the bus, was dead. He was in the same shape as the counselor and dead.

People started screaming. A monstrosity had appeared. It fit the description the boy had told during last night. Long arms, ugly face, and looked all-around messed up.

John was terrified. He was crying over the loss of his friend, so his eyes were blurred. John stood up, grabbed Mya’s hand, and pulled her away from the area. John saw a van, jumped in, and checked to see if the keys were in the ignition. They were. He waited until Mya had sat down, turned the vehicle on, and pulled out of the driveway.

A massive fist flew through the window. It was the monster, the who had killed his friend. The monster grabbed him and flung him through the air. He hit the trees and fell through the branches, hitting the ground. He felt his heartbeat getting slower and slower, until it stopped.

Posted February 21, 2023 by pethor07 in category Uncategorized