Sketchup for schools – Training
Today we are going to work on sketchup for schools. Sketchup is a 3d modelling CAD program that students can use to learn the fundamentals of CAD 3d digital design. This is great for modelling, building, designing and more.
Go to https://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-for-schools to begin.
- You will need to make an account with your school email
- verify the email by logging into your email and getting the passcode sent to you
- Once you are logged in it is time to start your training.
Watch the training videos below one-at-a-time. For each one you must save your model with the names specified below.
- You can find this same video on the website linked above and just hit “start modelling” to begin modelling alongside the video.
- Save this model to your on drive from within the program (click on the lines in the top left corner). Note: you must be properly logged into your microsoft office through your browser to do this (but you already will be because you just logged into it)
- Please save it with the name yournamesketchupwelcome
- Save this model just as you did before. Save it as yournamesketchupgeometry
- Save as yournamesketchupclassroom