The Charter of Rights
Today we are getting into groups of 5, numbering ourselves from 1-5. Then all #1, all #2s and so on get together to oberve the materials handed out in class. Using the Charter of Rights each group records the 3 main ideas of their assigned section. See below:
- Group 1– Fundamental Freedoms (Section 2)
- Group 2 – Democratic Rights (Sections 3 to 5)
- Group 3 – Mobility Rights (section 6)
- Group 4 – Legal Rights (Sections 7 to 14)
- Group 5 – Equal Rights (Section 15)
When they are done they get back together with their origianl group and report back. While they report back their group is to be copying all their notes into pages 3-4 of their own handouts (with the exception of the fundamental freedoms), therefore, topics 1-4 are groups 2-5 shown above.
Students are handing in their papers at the end of class.
Any absent students will need to go over the document on their own and fill out accordingly.
Here is a copy of the papers provided in class.